Manufacturing Engineer Oregon City, OR4+ Years
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials or processes
- Investigate or resolve operation problems, such as material use variance or bottlenecks
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve manufacturing processes or products and reduce costs, using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, product design, and materials
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing, to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness
- Creating and maintaining accurate Mfg. Outlines, Bills of Material, and Mfg. Routers
- The ability to interface with design engineering and marketing managers in order to provide low-cost, high-quality product to enable market segment growth
- Communicate with all levels of the organization to obtain required information, gain acceptance, and implement solutions
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or associate’s degree is required
- 4+ years of applicable work experience in manufacturing is required
- Leadership or managerial experience a plus
- Strong computer knowledge with demonstrated experience in MS Outlook, Word and Excel is required
- MRP and ERP software experience preferred
- Applicant should have a working knowledge of Solid Works and CAM software such as part maker
- Demonstrated ability to collect root cause data, develop, own, and execute action plans to achieve desired results
- Strong problem-solving abilities including analyzing possible solutions
- Must be PC literate with spreadsheets, word processing, MRP and scheduling programs. Engineering drafting program experience a plus
- Effective time management and personal organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to actively listen and explain complex technical information
- Develop tooling, gauging, and fixturing to support part processing and inspection
- Proficient with layout and scheduling tools
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and technical diagrams, and work to verbal and written instructions
Mechanical Engineer Oregon City, OR2-5 Years
- Creates drawings and Bills of Materials for mechanical components from rough sketches, models, and specifications from Engineering and Sales.
- Selects purchased components for new equipment designs.
- Participates in design reviews prior to release of drawings to manufacturing.
- Works closely with productions to assure manufacturability of a design.
- Tests mechanical components and troubleshoots design and tolerance issues.
- Builds and tests mechanical assembly tools for production.
- Minimum education required- Associate's Degree (A,A.) in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent job experience.
- CAD drafting experience, preferably in SolidWorks, as well as Microsoft Office experience.
- Familiar with tight tolerance machining processes, assemblies and GD&T.
- Experience with high pressure fluid handling devices a big plus (hydraulic or pneumatic)
- Self-motivated and able to handle many multi-faceted projects simultaneously.
- Creative problem solver with genuine interest in science and developing new products and technology.
CNC Machinist Oregon City, OR2-5 Years
- Must be able to program, set-up and run tight tolerance parts with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Fanuc and Mitsubishi controls
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions in English
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- PartMaker programing a plus.
This is a great opportunity for growth for the right candidate. Pay DOE, only qualified candidates need apply.
- Self-starter / self-motivated
- Reliable and dependable
- Positive attitude
- Enjoys fast pace and rapidly changing environment
- Honest with good integrity
- Professional demeanor and respectful to people in all situations
- Flexible and willing to help others as needs and tasks change often
Open Position Oregon City, OR2-5 Years
We are always looking for creative, talented and dedicated individuals to join the Optimize Team. If you think you have what it takes please submit a resume, portfolio or a stand-out letter on why you would be a good fit.
Show us what you got!